Launched in 2014 by Swedish natives Max Svärdh and Albin Johansson. The brand believes in the Swedish/Japanese philosophy behind minimalism and this is the main source of inspiration for the brand. The word Arigato or Thank You in Japanese, originally and literally means “difficult to exist”. It was used to express that something was valuable and not easily found.
Axel Arigato products are manufactured by a small number of suppliers based in Europe and the majority of production is based in Porto. All materials are carefully chosen and the leather is a by-product of the meat industry and sourced from tanneries with environmentally good practices, certified by the Leather Working Group. The long-term goal is for sustainability to be integrated into every aspect of the brand and day-to-day running of the business. Minimising the impact is a never ending journey and the ultimate goal is to continue to grow in a sustainable way.
Taking us back to the 80’s, the Axel Arigato Genesis sneaker is inspired by vintage running silhouettes and is the brands most lightweight design. These minimalist, retro inspired trainers are crafted with white and pale blue leather fused with a calf hair back tab in leopard print. Upper parts and lining made are crafted from recycled PET bottles and recycled plastic waste. These lightweight sneakers have an expanded sole and durable design making the Genesis a sustainable footwear choice for the future.
- Handcrafted in Portugal
- Upper: 40% polyester and 60% Leather
- Lining: 100% polyester from recycled PET bottles
- Lightweight expanded rubber sole measures 3.2 cm/ 1.26 inch
- Removable cushioned footbed to deliver comfort for everyday use
- Completely cemented to ensure the original shape is kept
- Logo stamp in gold-tone
- Recycled polyester branded dust-bag included
- FSC certified packaging
- Calf hair is natural and delicate so please wear with care. Some irregularities may occur and is part of the characteristics of the material
- No cleaning in washing machine. Only clean with a clean and slightly humid cloth
- Website sizes are UK sizing.
- 39 = 6, 40 = 6.5 and 41 = 7