Launched in 2014 by Swedish natives Max Svärdh and Albin Johansson. The brand believes in the Swedish/Japanese philosophy behind minimalism and this is the main source of inspiration for the brand. The word Arigato or Thank You in Japanese, originally and literally means “difficult to exist”. It was used to express that something was valuable and not easily found.
Axel Arigato products are manufactured by a small number of suppliers based in Europe and the majority of production is based in Porto. All materials are carefully chosen and the leather is a by-product of the meat industry and sourced from tanneries with environmentally good practices, certified by the Leather Working Group. The long-term goal is for sustainability to be integrated into every aspect of the brand and day-to-day running of the business. Minimising the impact is a never ending journey and the ultimate goal is to continue to grow in a sustainable way.
Inspired by running shoes throughout the 90’s, the Marathon Runner is made with an exaggerated sole, blowing up the features of a typical running shoe. Decidedly technological, the retro runners upper is composed of calf leather and a wide-weave mesh, protected by a PU transfer.
Marathon Dip-dye is made from a white base dyed as a finished shoe using an immersion technique. This is an artisan method making every pair unique, with the components of the marathon absorbing dye in different ways giving multiple shades of the same colour. Some colour migration may occur.
- Handcrafted in Portugal
- 45% leather, 45% polyester mesh, 5% PU transfer, 5% nylon
- Mesh lining: 100% polyester with anti slip detail in counter back
- Custom Thermoplastic Rubber sole measures 3,5cm back and 2,5cm front. Walking height of 1cm#
- Removable cushioned insole
- Cemented construction
- Reflective webbing detail
- Marathon Branded rubber patch
- Recycled polyester branded dustbag
- FSC certified packaging
- If in-between sizes we recommend to go up in size
- For more detailed advice on sizing and fit, please contact our stylists via live chat Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
- Website sizes are UK sizing.
- 39 = 6, 40 = 6.5 and 41 = 7